What is involved in an ambulance remount?
When you do an ambulance remount, you basically are taking the modular box off an old chassis and placing it onto a new chassis. Beyond that process, the upgrades or restoration made to the older modular box can range from just some new paint to all new electrical, lighting, or other technology components. This helps the client match their budget with the upgrades their ambulance needs.
Why should you do an ambulance remount instead of buying a brand new ambulance?
The bottom line is that remounting an ambulance saves you a lot of money! With the given economy and departments looking for the most efficient ways to spend their precious budget, getting an ambulance remounted instead of buying a new one will cost considerably less. There is no doubt that a smart option to reducing costs while continuing to deliver the same level of superior service is a remount service for your existing fleet of rescue vehicles.
Why should you use Nassau Fire Apparatus to do your ambulance remount?
At Nassau Fire Apparatus, we have certified ambulance remounters that can make older models perform like new. We are experts at fitting an old ambulance on a new chassis. In addition, we have 3 in-house factory trained paint specialists to make your truck’s transition seamless. Our painters have received training from industry leaders such as PPG Paint, Sikkens, Dupont, and Sherwin Williams. And best of all, we can save our customer up to $50,000 by utilizing the remount process over purchasing a new emergency vehicle!
Update your fleet with fire truck / ambulance remount services from Nassau Fire Apparatus:
- Chassis option remounts for Chevrolet, GMC, Ford, Dodge, International, Freightliner, Kenworth, and Peterbilt
- Over 100 “no complaints” ambulance remounts performed in our 15,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility with 14 service bays
- 2 high-tech spray booths that are computer controlled for the curing process
- Factory supplied mixing station / booth for any and all custom paints and stripping
- Custom vinyl lettering and stripping in-house on our site
- The ability to change your Type I chassis to a Type III or vice versa while keeping the same module
Also, when you work with Nassau Fire Apparatus, you can rest assured that all work is done on our premises—we never use sub-contractors.
So come on down to 120 Otis Street in West Babylon and see for yourself – we offer on-site remount demonstrations! And once you are convinced you have come to the right place, we also will provide you with a free loaner vehicle while we remount or convert your existing emergency vehicle. There is nothing to lose here but everything to gain! Call us today at 877-540-8220 or click here to fill out our contact form for more information!